Being involved or injured in an auto-accident brings along with itself injuries, traumas, and various other intangible issues and worries like who will pay for your damage, loss, and medical expenses, and whether your insurance provider offer you an accurate claim and many more. In other words, auto-accidents pose financial and emotional, as well as physical stress on you. So, if you are involved in a motor-vehicle accident and are considering filing a pursuit against the at-fault driver or want to file an insurance claim for your personal and property damage; it is always advisable and wise to hire the services of a skilled auto accident lawyer because:
- Through their years of experience, an auto-accident lawyer, can deal precisely with settlement cases which includes: assessing your injuries, understanding the work process of insurance companies, deciding your accident claim, etc. Your attorney performs all these tasks orderly and skillfully to get you a higher settlement claim.
- Auto-accident attorneys are well aware of the insurance companies’ work processes and intentions. They can negotiate with these companies and the attorneys of at-fault drivers as well, to get you fair compensation for your claim and if necessary or required can represent your case in court. A fair settlement without a lawyer is not possible as insurance companies are intent on paying out the least possible for claims.
- Most auto-accidents make the victims incapable of performing their daily activities and job responsibilities. So, they have to part with their regular income because of their incapability. Trained lawyers fight for the victim’s rights and guide them through the whole legal process to get them the fairest claim possible.
- Only motor-vehicle accident lawyers have a thorough understanding of all the legal processes and necessary documentations so they can gather and present the facts of a case which includes accident details, police reports, statements of the parties involved and other relevant proof as it is required in order to work out a fair settlement for you.
- An expert auto-accident lawyer can earn you fair and square compensation for your personal injuries, property damage, hospital and medical expenses, lost wages, and various other expenses.
- Most of auto-accident attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means that they will only get paid if you receive an insurance settlement.
- Most accident injuries do not go to trial because insurance companies know that the cost of going to trial is always higher than settling with you. Moreover, there is every possibility that the jury will vote in your favor and award you a higher settlement which is more likely to occur with the help of an expert lawyer who is the only one that can use this option to bargain for a higher claim on your behalf.
- The legal fee of an auto-accident attorney is only a percentage of what is obtained in the recovery of the claim. So, any victim of an auto-accident injury can hire an attorney regardless of their minimal financial condition.
- In your initial meeting with an auto-accident attorney you will receive help presenting an accurate and authentic statement to the insurance adjuster. This statement includes detailed information about the accident and how it has affected you. Any loopholes, misstatements, or omitted information in the statement that you give to the insurance adjuster can be used against you in an effort to lower your claim.
- Time limitations can lead to the termination of your claim. Lawyers are well aware of these time-limits and the procedures for filing your claim, so they will take the appropriate steps to preserve and shield your rights.
- The amount of your claim is largely decided upon on the basis of medical opinions and the opinions of other experts. An auto-accident attorney can obtain the opinion of various other experts, such as occupational therapists, vocational consultants, and economists. The attorney is then able to use the advice of these additional experts in the proof and valuation of claims for your decreased earning capacity and future treatment costs.
Contact the Law Office of Andrew S. Kasmer P.C., if you have been injured in an auto-accident and offered an unfair settlement by the insurance company. Through their relentless efforts, our compassionate lawyers will help you get what you deserve.