An unintentional injury that has occurred at the workplace or while you are on the job is counted as a work accident. Injuries related to the person’s line of work are counted as work accidents but the injuries which are not related to the person’s duties are not included. Some common injuries which are included in or counted as work accidents are as follows:
- Slip and Fall
- Injuries caused due to heavy lifting
- Injuries caused due to falling objects
- Injuries caused due to falling off to ladders or stairs
- Vehicle injuries (if you are a delivery person)
Can the damages at the workplace be covered?
At times, a person’s employment policy with the company may cover work-accidents. The processes for handling accidents may involve interaction with the company and various insurance companies dealing with it. However, a legal dispute may arise if the employer is not willing to accept or admit fault for the accident. An instance where such a particular situation may arise is in the case of severe injuries as it might cost the company a lot of money.
What can you do if you have dispute over the work accident?
Several forms of evidence and various documentation is needed if you want to a file claim for work accidents. Before filing a claim with the court, you may need to:
- Collect all work-related documentation and information related to your injury like time logs, pay stubs, etc.
- Include important documentation that shows or notes the date, time, and location of the incident.
- Intact documents related to your medical treatment like: pharmacy receipts, hospital bills, and medical records. These documents are necessary while to calculate damages.
- Collect any and all information that is or may be related to your work-accident
Work-accidents are somewhat tricky but you have the right to obtain compensation if you are injured due to somebody else’s negligence. Contact the Law office of Andrew S. Kasmer, if you need legal counsel or expert representation for a worker’s compensation trial. Through their incessant efforts, our knowledgeable attorneys will assist you to resolve any of your workers’ compensation related issues.